When it comes to a healthy diet, there’s so much information out there that’s hard to know what’s fact and what’s not. Eating well doesn’t need to be complicated though and much of the information out there is fad-based. Here are a few tried and true Healthy eating tips to get you on the path to overall great health.
1. Drink plenty of clean, quality water.
2. Eat a healthy portion from each food group each day with a main focus on fiber-rich foods and vitamin-rich foods such as fruits and vegetables.
Reduce packaged foods and cut down on junk food such as soda pop and sugary snacks.
3. swap salt for spices.
4. Supplement with a multi-vitamin on days when you are unable to eat properly.
5. Eat at home more often and cook your food from scratch.
6. read food labels
7. speak with a dietician to optimize your diet to your lifestyle and health conditions.
8. Eat smaller portions
Following these tips will ensure that you get a good head start on your diet and your overall health.