Chlorine is an integral part of creating a clean pool. It sterilizes the water and prevents algae growth that could make your swimming experience unpleasant. There are many types of chlorine to choose from, making it difficult to know what types are best for you or your business. In this article, we will discuss the types of chlorine to find perfect for your needs!
– Chlorine is good because it kills algae in the pool, which can make your swimming experience unpleasant
– There are many types, but knowing what types are best for you or your business can be tricky since there’s a lot of options.
There are four basic types of chlorine for pools; these include hypochlorous acid, chlorine gas, sodium hypochlorite, and calcium hypochlorite.
1) Hypochlorous is the most vital type of pool chemical that you can use as it is a strong oxidizer.
2) Chlorine gas has been used to disinfect pools since 1935, but this form of chlorine isn’t safe for homes or businesses because it will require a gas mask or oxygen tank.
3) Sodium hypochlorite is the type of chlorine you will find in most swimming pools, and it’s made by mixing sodium hydroxide with water, bleach, and ammonia.
4) Calcium hypochlorite has been used to disinfect drinking water since 1869 because it can’t be made into a gas, so it’s considered safer for homes.
Chlorine is crucial for your pool so choose wisely.