The PFAS acronym is something that many people hear about but not understanding. PFAS stands for polyfluoroalkyl substances, and these compounds have been linked to several health problems, including cancer and infertility. PFAS free products are becoming more popular as consumers learn about the dangers PFAS can cause.
1) Why is this important?
PFAS-free products can be found in many different industries. PFAS is used to coat many surfaces and keep them from being damaged or eroded by water, grease, or stains. PFAS is also added as an emulsifier to food packaging so that the outside layer does not stick to itself. At the same time, it waits on store shelves for customers to buy it. The biggest issue with PFAS is that these chemicals are complicated, if not impossible, for humans and animals alike to break down once they have been introduced into our environment. PFAS has even shown up in breast milk sites worldwide, including Australia, Japan, Korea, and Germany, among others.
2) List of PFAS free products:
– PFAS-free cookware, bakeware, and storage containers
– PFAS-free plates, cups, cutlery, and straws
– PFAS-Free chip bags and other takeout products
– PFAS-Free personal care items such as shampoo, conditioner, and lotion that are safe to use.
We hope this information has been helpful to you.