Kids these days are growing up in a world where technology is necessary for everyday tasks. They might not know how to cook, but they can use an app to order takeout and find the best route from point A to B.
Kids are learning coding at an early age because it will be the language of tomorrow – teaching them now will help them succeed later on.
Why is coding necessary?
Coding is all around us – the internet, our phones, and even refrigerators. Coding can be seen in everyday life as well as jobs for decades to come.
Almost any job today has a demand for someone who knows how to code because it’s necessary for most of what we do on a day-to-day basis.
Here are some steps you can teach your kids about coding today!
– Include some teaching ideas for teaching coding to kids, such as using educational games and puzzles. Provide at least a few examples of each step with links
– Talk about common misconceptions that people have about teaching code, such as “It’s too difficult” or “My kid will get bored.”
– Discuss the benefits are teaching kids to code
– Include a list of resources for teaching codings available online, such as websites and apps.
– Provide some FAQs about teaching kids to code: What age should I start teaching them? How difficult is it? Do you need any special skills to teach this content? Etc.
Teaching coding to kids helps them prepared for a future that will need more people with these skills.