Digital music marketing often involves creating strategy that is a combination of your audience, your style of music, social media, SEO and other algorithms, streaming platforms specifically for music such as Spotify and Soundcloud and doing stuff in the real world.
This is all well and good and will achieve some results but if you really want to break through and cut through all the music marketing noise online think about interactive music marketing.
Research shows that the human brain responds best to media that has spatial and multi-sensory elements so try using the following for a smarter digital marketing strategy:
• Augmented Reality – face filters for music fans on social media
• Web 3.0 – immersive web experiences with 360 degree spaces
• Gamification – get creative with music videos and email blasts
• Personalization – include personal touches in fan communication
• Virtual Reality – build VR content for fans with the requisite gear