Whether excess water was from flooding, put out a fire or any other event, there is a good chance that mold may be growing in the home. Mold growth is a huge problem and if not properly treated, it can make both humans and their pets sick. Those who have experienced excess water in the home or have even had a leak should get in touch with a Fort Lauderdale mold expert. While some may take the do-it-yourself approach, this is not wise. If not done properly, the homeowner may simply be spreading the spores through the home. In many cases, a professional can have the area treated in little to no time and can help the homeowner take measures to prevent future growth. Last but not least, this service is more affordable than many may believe and in some cases, may be covered by homeowner’s insurance.